Installation procedure video's
The following installation procedure requires administrator privileges.
File name convention
SharePath-HostManager-Package-[Hosted-]<OS Name>[OS Version]<architecture>-<version>.<build>.<extension>
1. Sign the End-User license agreement by checking "I accept the terms in the license agreement":
2. Choose between Standard and Custom installation:
- The Standard installation auto detects and configures IIS7 and above.
- The Installation requires a restart of IIS. This is part of installation process.
- Custom installation - choose this option if:
- You wish to monitor at least one of below java plugins which are not installed when using the Standard installation:
Log4j - Monitors Log4j logging events
JBOSS - Monitors JBOSS Remoting usage
JMS - Monitors Java Message Service (JMS) usage
Quartz - Monitors Quartz job activations
RMI - Monitors Remote Method Invocation (RMI) usage
WebLogic - Creates connections between servlet and outgoing T3 protocol events
Note: Monitoring Java process requires additional step, see configuration section
- You wish to change Real-User-Monitoring configuration:
3. SharePath server settings
On-Premise - Recommended Settings:
The server is identified by name or IP address. The default port is 80 and the protocol is either http or https. Once configured, you can also test your server settings. These settings can also be set or changed after installation is complete according to the instructions. For example:
SharePath SaaS - Required Settings:
Set your Product Activation Key. This is an 8 digit code which is available within the registration email you received and can also be found within the portal (my.correlsense.com) under “My Account”
4. Run the installation:
5. At the end of the installation, you will receive a message similar to the one below. The Java strings will be used when
enabling Code Level Visibility which is covered in the "Configuration” section below:
6. At this phase, IIS7 and above and Java process are automatically monitored. For Code Level Visibility monitoring, please
follow the “Configuration” instructions below.
1. Selecting monitored processes
The SharePath HostManager is configured to monitor:
IIS7 and above - the process name is w3wp.
Java processes - where the process name is "java" or "javaw".
To monitor additional process, please see the following article.
2. Configuring Code Level Visibility
The SharePath Java Collector uses the -javaagent command line option.
In order to complete the installation, add the output displayed at the end of installation to your JAVA_OPTS/JAVA_OPTIONS
For more details on configuring JAVA_OPTS/JAVA_OPTIONS on your application server, see the following article.
3. Restart the deployed processes
In order for the Collectors to start working, restart all processes you wish to monitor. You do not need to restart IIS.
To verify your configuration please see the Verification steps in the following article.